Recently, there was an Instagram story epidemic going around on “5 things about me” that people were posting. Today is my birthday, so I figured I would do a fun little “10 Things About Me” post in case you all want to get to know me better.
- I’m a huge nerd. Ever since middle school when I was on the math and robotics teams, I have been a self-proclaimed proud nerd.
- I work in IT. I am an engineering major, but my true talents lie in IT. I got started in IT because I’ve been coding websites as long as I can remember (we are talking like when Neopets gave you individual webpages for each pet, and you could create a masterpiece in HTML). I started working at a small IT company as their webmaster, and eventually transitioned to a more technical role in networking and cybersecurity. Now I work for the software development company, GE Digital.
- My first car was a Chevy Cruze. Embarrassing, I know. It wasn’t my choice. I always wanted a Jeep, but my parents were not going to buy me a Jeep in high school. It’s a pretty pricey car to be a first car!
- The biggest bone in my body is my sweet tooth. Swear. I will destroy anything sweet, and continue to eat sweets until I feel sick–everytime. Chocolate is my weakness. White chocolate? Even worse.
- I will try pretty much every sport—except basketball. I hate basketball. In high school, I was on the swimming and waterpolo teams. I play soccer with a group of friends every now and then. Same with volleyball, and I’m open to pretty much any other sport. However, I draw the line when it comes to basketball. Something about running while dribbling a ball, and then trying to shoot it. I completely lose all coordination.
- I love to mountain bike. Mountain biking is what got me into my recent fitness kick. It helped me lose over thirty pounds–without even thinking about it! I started off with a cheap GT bike that I bought from someone on Offer Up, and now I have a full suspension bike.
- I have a small iPhone. I just can’t get on the big phone bandwagon. A lot of people will see my phone and be like, “is that an iPhone, like, 4?!” No, it’s actually an iPhone SE. It came out after the iPhone 6, and it is basically the iPhone 6 in an iPhone 5 sized body.
- I only recently started being into makeup (less than two years ago) and now I am basically addicted. Although I don’t wear makeup TOO much, I go all out when I do!
- I wear glasses and I pretty much can’t see without them. I’m pretty blind. My contacts are -5.25 prescription.
- I’ve shot a .50 cal semi-automatic rifle in the middle of a California desert once. At first, I was skeptical and didn’t even want to, but we each got 20 rounds and I didn’t want to be “that guy” so I went for it, and it was such a cool experience! (Disclaimer: this was completely controlled on a military base.)
I hope you enjoyed these 10 little fun facts about me. Tell me something about yourself in the comments!